[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Latest Replies: (may take a few minutes to update)
  • General Writing Discussion Thread (Replies: 4) - Last by joanvines11 (09:24 GMT) 
  • Favorite games you liked to play as you grew up (Replies: 9) - Last by assasin504 (10:02 GMT) 
  • Severus Snape (Replies: 18) - Last by assasin504 (09:59 GMT) 
  • Sherlock (Replies: 4) - Last by sjcuk13 (23:27 GMT) 
  • What's your CoS username? (Replies: 24) - Last by elloran (09:57 GMT) 

• Page 1 of 1
    Forum » Hobbies » Television » Glee
    Glee
    MaelodyDate: Friday, 2013-04-12, 04:03 | Message # 1
    Second Year
    Group: Slytherins
    I know a lot of people don't really care for this show, but I must say, out of all the shows you'll see me post on here, Glee is my absolute favorite. I LOVE it. If I miss an episode of one of the others, I can go a while without seeing it, but if I miss Glee, I make sure to catch up as soon as it is possible. I'm sorry, but after tonight's amazingly well done episode over school shootings, I had to post this. I'm still crying from how terrifying the episode was.

Do you guys like Glee? What are some of your favorites and least favorites they've covered? Don't like Glee? Why not? Wish they would do something? Share it here! smile

ArryGrotterDate: Friday, 2013-04-12, 06:11 | Message # 2
    Third Year
    Group: Head of House
    I liked Glee very much for the first 13 episodes. Then it just got boring, repetitive, dull, and uncreative.

I still watch it though, because I'm really bad at stopping watch shows haha.

I haven't seen the episode you're talking about yet though.

MaelodyDate: Friday, 2013-04-12, 21:46 | Message # 3
    Second Year
    Yeah, this season has been falling and they don't even know if it is going to make a fifth season. It makes me sad, but if they don't, I hope they at least answer everything they tried bringing up in fourth season to keep the series up and going.

The episode is GREAT, definitely a good pick-up episode. You should check it out. smile

ArryGrotterDate: Friday, 2013-04-12, 23:19 | Message # 4
    Third Year
    Hmm, I found the whole shooting thing a bit weird and a bit out of place. Did they just do it so Sue would have to leave? I'm confused...

I hope it ends this season, cos I'm getting a bit sick of it. Although from a story perspective, one more season would probably be helpful, and allow the 'new kids' to win Nationals and that can be that.

SpacecadetDate: Monday, 2013-04-15, 12:49 | Message # 5
    First Year
    Group: Ravenclaws
    I have to say I wasn't happy with the latest episode. I applaud Glee for tackling a tough topic but honestly the whole episode make me sick to my stomach and I'm not the squeamish type.

I also think they copped out at the end. If they were going to do a school shooting they should have gone for it the whole way and had an actual school shooter. It also did seem to come out of nowhere. If they had built it up and done it right, it would have had a much better impact.

I was also really upset they left Ryder's story hanging so wide open. I was hoping for some more resolution there especially in an episode where there was so much uncertainty and insanity going on.

ArryGrotterDate: Sunday, 2013-04-21, 22:18 | Message # 6
    Third Year
    I just read that Glee has been renewed for two more seasons.

Really?! is all I have to say.

I kinda wished this show would just end. Maybe not at the end of this season since they've really only just introduced everyone and they're not going to be going to nationals this year, but I thought 1 more season would be the perfect amount.

MaelodyDate: Monday, 2013-04-22, 10:04 | Message # 7
    Second Year
    Ryan Murphy has said in the past not to be surprised if there ends up being nine seasons. Personally, I'm excited for this news! ^^

ArryGrotterDate: Friday, 2013-05-10, 23:13 | Message # 8
    Third Year
    Um, am I the only one that feels like they just gave up writing the end of this season?

So they won Regionals? Are they even going to show Nationals? What the heck is going on with this show? They should have just made them lose Regionals like season 1 and then start up with the new school year next season. Does that mean we're going to have 22 episodes just them preparing for Nationals? Or is it going to be 22 episodes of going to Nationals and then the whole school year all over again.

I hope they just jump ahead to next year. Show flashbacks of them utterly failing Nationals because they couldn't get good enough replacements for Brittany and Ryder. Although that's not that believable if they can win Regionals when two of them members haven't been to practice in months (Sugar and Joe).

Also, when you have a Rachel storyline at the start of an episode, include at least a scene of her at the end too! We could still not find out if she got the gig, but at least have a start and end. I really feel like that scene would have been better at the end of the last episode than awkwardly at the start of this one.

Sorry, I just was really disappointed by the finale.

Britreads4funDate: Wednesday, 2013-06-19, 05:48 | Message # 9
    First Year
    Group: Ravenclaws
    Glee is my guilty pleasure. I've watched it since it began, and even though the past few seasons have been pretty blah for me I still watch it. Cause singing. 
    Re: The school shooting episode: I agree with spacecadet that they shouldn't have gone halfway with that kind of thing. appreciate the attempt at drama that isn't relationship-focused but...ugh. It just rubbed me the wrong way. (To be fair, though, I have issues with anything school shooting related because I'm originally from the area where the Columbine shootings happened and even though I was 10 at the time I still have a lot of fears around this kind of thing)
    I agree with Arry that they probably should have quit while they were ahead, but I guess 2 more seasons means I'll have my guilty pleasure show for awhile before I have to go back to awful wedding-based reality television.

Forum » Hobbies » Television » Glee
    • Page 1 of 1
    Search: