[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Latest Replies: (may take a few minutes to update)
  • General Writing Discussion Thread (Replies: 4) - Last by joanvines11 (09:24 GMT) 
  • Favorite games you liked to play as you grew up (Replies: 9) - Last by assasin504 (10:02 GMT) 
  • Severus Snape (Replies: 18) - Last by assasin504 (09:59 GMT) 
  • Sherlock (Replies: 4) - Last by sjcuk13 (23:27 GMT) 
  • What's your CoS username? (Replies: 24) - Last by elloran (09:57 GMT) 

• Page 1 of 2
    • »
    Forum » Hogsmeade Forums » Administration » General Questions (Post any questions you have here)
    General Questions
    ArryGrotterDate: Friday, 2013-03-29, 22:45 | Message # 1
    Third Year
    Group: Head of House
    Hi everyone! This is just an idea for a new HP forum following the announcement of the CoS forums. Unlike those forums, this (should be) free to run.

Post here your interest of using this forums and ideas for sections. It's all early days and I don't know how far this will go, but I'm willing to go on a ride smile

MaelodyDate: Saturday, 2013-03-30, 01:53 | Message # 2
    Second Year
    Group: Slytherins
    I don't know how much this helps, if at all, but I've already created a forum about a year ago that I actually based off of CoS. It's in dire need of more users and I'm running it for free. Otherwise, this is a good idea too. smile

Message edited by Maelody - Saturday, 2013-03-30, 01:53

ArryGrotterDate: Saturday, 2013-03-30, 02:04 | Message # 3
    Third Year
    Hi Maelody!

Yeah, I'm not surprised that there are other forums. I actually attempted to create a HP forum a couple of years ago, but there wasn't enough interest. I'm really just doing this now to see if CoS's closure will allow for it to happen this time. Entirely depends on the response I get.

Britreads4funDate: Sunday, 2013-03-31, 06:34 | Message # 4
    First Year
    Group: Ravenclaws
    New forum is new! It would be nice to have a place to come to, even if I wouldn't post often. 

also why do i have to do a cpacha or whatever every 10 seconds?

ArryGrotterDate: Sunday, 2013-03-31, 08:09 | Message # 5
    Third Year
    Hi Brit!
    Sorry, I don't know why. I'll see if there's an option to disable that...

Edit: That should be fixed now smile

ArryGrotterDate: Monday, 2013-04-01, 05:27 | Message # 6
    Third Year
    I've just added a fair amount of sub forums, so you are welcome to start threads in any of them smile

yorkiedoodleDate: Monday, 2013-04-08, 11:54 | Message # 7
    Just Received their Letter
    Group: Muggles
    Are we sticking with our COS sortings? Or Pottermore?

MaelodyDate: Monday, 2013-04-08, 15:18 | Message # 8
    Second Year
    Hey, do you have anything about mod help or anything of the like? Because I wouldn't mind signing up or helping out if that was possible. smile

Also, I'm loving that this place is already starting up. The one I made ThePotterForum didn't pick up like I had hoped so I'm glad you got yours up! smile

FleurduJardinDate: Monday, 2013-04-08, 18:20 | Message # 9
    Second Year
    Quote (Maelody)
    I don't know how much this helps, if at all, but I've already created a forum about a year ago that I actually based off of CoS. It's in dire need of more users and I'm running it for free. Otherwise, this is a good idea too
    Well, I do have two HP-related subforums on my AvenueViet site, where I have a fair number of CoS members who joined out of curiosity and friendship (even Lanifiel is a member though he dropped out) then out of solidarity when a whole group of us were banned. You are all welcome there. As I said before, we need not be in competition with each other. My site has endured since March 2005, hopefully it will last a few more years. One year I did ask for minimal contributions from members (who responded generously), but now I pay everything out of my own pocket.

Check it out: AvenueViet

You'll find some familiar usernames (Montse, Purplehawk, twisnsrule26, Mimosa, Inkling7, etc.) and other CoS members who changed their usernames after the blanket ban to avoid being tarred with the same brus by the CoS Mods. We even have 3 accounts I'm sure belong to CoS Mods in disguise,  LOL (beside Lani, who uses the same username).

And Arry,  yes if you need help for admin of mod duty, I too can lend a hand, though not all that much, I have my hands full with AV and posting on other, non-HP-related sites. But I'm willing to do what I can to help your site get off the ground. It's off to a good start already. smile

Message edited by FleurduJardin - Monday, 2013-04-08, 18:28

MaelodyDate: Monday, 2013-04-08, 19:12 | Message # 10
    Second Year
    Oh sorry, it wasn't meant to be shown in a competitive way. More of a "I can help out and I think I'm qualified because I know my way around a forum" type thing. Sorry if it came off rather rude  weep (That's a bit of a mellow-dramatic emoticon o.O  :lol:)

ArryGrotterDate: Monday, 2013-04-08, 22:02 | Message # 11
    Third Year
    It's fine. I know that this won't be the only site set up as a refuge for CoS, nor is the only one set up already (I did know about AvenueViet - and great work with it Fleur! - but I still thought a more HP focused forum could co-exist)

I do intend as this forum gets busier to hold nominations for moderators. I'll keep you too in mind.

Fawkesfan1Date: Monday, 2013-04-08, 23:49 | Message # 12
    Third Year
    Group: Gryffindors
    Hey arry, I could help out in terms of moderating over the tv and movies subforums if need be. Had some experience doing so (moderating a serious discussion board and a forum  in general (a video game related one)) some time ago, and wouldn't mind doing so again, if you're ok with that smile

ArryGrotterDate: Tuesday, 2013-04-09, 01:25 | Message # 13
    Third Year
    Ok, I'll keep you in mind too.

Fawkesfan1Date: Tuesday, 2013-04-09, 03:09 | Message # 14
    Third Year
    Quote          AWell, I do have two HP-related subforums on my AvenueViet site, where I have a fair number of CoS members who joined out of curiosity and friendship (even Lanifiel is a member though he dropped out) then out of solidarity when a whole group of us were banned. You are all welcome there. As I said before, we need not be in competition with each other. My site has endured since March 2005, hopefully it will last a few more years. One year I did ask for minimal contributions from members (who responded generously), but now I pay everything out of my own pocket.Check it out: AvenueViet

You'll find some familiar usernames (Montse, Purplehawk, twisnsrule26, Mimosa, Inkling7, etc.) and other CoS members who changed their usernames after the blanket ban to avoid being tarred with the same brus by the CoS Mods. We even have 3 accounts I'm sure belong to CoS Mods in disguise, LOL (beside Lani, who uses the same username).

@ Fleur: I hope you don't mind, just joined your site, just in case this one doesn't work out. Hopefully it does though smile Your site looks really nice, btw.

Message edited by Fawkesfan1 - Tuesday, 2013-04-09, 03:10

FleurduJardinDate: Tuesday, 2013-04-09, 04:26 | Message # 15
    Second Year
    Quote (Fawkesfan1)
    @ Fleur: I hope you don't mind, just joined your site, just in case this one doesn't work out. Hopefully it does though smile Your site looks really nice, btw.
    Not only don't I mind, I welcome all friends, especially HP friends!! I validated your account right away, and sent you a PM (here on Hogsmeade). Welcome to AV!

This of course does not preclude us from interacting here! Both sites can co-exist in harmony. smile

Fawkesfan1Date: Tuesday, 2013-04-09, 15:10 | Message # 16
    Third Year
    Quote (FleurduJardin)
    Not only don't I mind, I welcome all friends, especially HP friends!! I validated your account right away, and sent you a PM (here on Hogsmeade). Welcome to AV!This of course does not preclude us from interacting here! Both sites can co-exist in harmony. smile
    Thanks for the warm welcome, Fleur! smile

freelantzerDate: Friday, 2013-04-12, 05:18 | Message # 17
    First Year
    Group: Hufflepuffs
    Is there a post count/year list? Where would I find that?

ArryGrotterDate: Friday, 2013-04-12, 06:00 | Message # 18
    Third Year
    I had posted it before... I can't find it now though, oddly...

(I'll get back to you)

ArryGrotterDate: Friday, 2013-04-12, 06:09 | Message # 19
    Third Year
    Ok, that's really odd, I can't find where I posted it, and I remember people replying to it...

Anyway - it is currently:

Just got their letter - 0 posts
    First year - 10 posts
    Second Year - 50 posts
    Third Year - 100 posts
    Fourth Year - 200 posts
    Fifth Year - 300 posts
    Sixth Year - 450 posts
    Seventh Year - 600 posts
    Hogwarts Graduate - 800 posts
    Always - 1000 posts

FlyingTigerDate: Friday, 2013-04-12, 06:12 | Message # 20
    First Year
    What are the threads or sub-forums where post count is off? I've posted 3 times now and my post count still shows a big fat zero.   angry

At that rate I'll never make Hogwarts sudent!

Where's the Sorting Hat, btw?

ETA. Oh, now I show one post. Okee. Still a long way from taking the Hogwarts Express, hey? sad

Any advanced enough technology is undistinguishable from magic - Arthur C. Clarke

Message edited by FlyingTiger - Friday, 2013-04-12, 06:14

Forum » Hogsmeade Forums » Administration » General Questions (Post any questions you have here)
    • Page 1 of 2
    • »
    Search: