[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Latest Replies: (may take a few minutes to update)
  • General Writing Discussion Thread (Replies: 4) - Last by joanvines11 (09:24 GMT) 
  • Favorite games you liked to play as you grew up (Replies: 9) - Last by assasin504 (10:02 GMT) 
  • Severus Snape (Replies: 18) - Last by assasin504 (09:59 GMT) 
  • Sherlock (Replies: 4) - Last by sjcuk13 (23:27 GMT) 
  • What's your CoS username? (Replies: 24) - Last by elloran (09:57 GMT) 

• Page 2 of 2
    • «
    Forum » Hogsmeade Forums » Administration » General Questions (Post any questions you have here)
    General Questions
    ArryGrotterDate: Friday, 2013-04-12, 06:16 | Message # 21
    Third Year
    Group: Head of House
    Post count in off in the social threads, such as games, and common rooms.

No Sorting Hat yet! (It's coming sometime hopefully once I figure out what to do there... haha)

It's only 5 posts and 3 days to Student status, so not too far away!

FlyingTigerDate: Friday, 2013-04-12, 06:17 | Message # 22
    First Year
    Group: Gryffindors
    Can you double-post here? I see that ArryGrotter can, he posted 2 different posts within 9 minutes of each other.

Testing the theory here.

Any advanced enough technology is undistinguishable from magic - Arthur C. Clarke

ArryGrotterDate: Friday, 2013-04-12, 06:20 | Message # 23
    Third Year
    Sorry for getting the way in your test...

Only I can double post. I actually forgot that mine wouldn't merge - I was meant for those to be one post! laugh

FlyingTigerDate: Friday, 2013-04-12, 06:24 | Message # 24
    First Year
    Group: Gryffindors
    Aah, Arry came back in, so test didn't work. Trying again.

Just having fun, don't mind me. biggrin

Added (2013-04-12, 06:24)
    ---------------------------------------------

Quote (ArryGrotter)
    Sorry for getting the way in your test...
    And you did it again, but never mind. My question's been answered. biggrin

Any advanced enough technology is undistinguishable from magic - Arthur C. Clarke

freelantzerDate: Saturday, 2013-04-13, 02:52 | Message # 25
    First Year
    Group: Hufflepuffs
    Always! Aw! <3

SchlubalybubDate: Saturday, 2013-04-13, 17:26 | Message # 26
    First Year
    Group: Students
    Quote (FleurduJardin)
    Check it out: AvenueViet

I registered as Fran the Viera, but it hasn't been activated- is that because it's an unrecognised username, or because you haven't done it yet? I'm not having a go or anything, I'm just curious smile

Also, I appear to have been banned- I think it was because I was having a nosy after trying to login- sorry

Also, I'm not entirely sure it wants to go here, but is anyone else interested in a craft section?

Message edited by Schlubalybub - Saturday, 2013-04-13, 17:28

ArryGrotterDate: Saturday, 2013-04-13, 21:05 | Message # 27
    Third Year
    Quote (Schlubalybub)
    Also, I'm not entirely sure it wants to go here, but is anyone else interested in a craft section?

I'll rename Art and Writing to Arts, Crafts and Writing, so you can start any threads there. I'll split the sections if necessary though.

freelantzerDate: Saturday, 2013-04-13, 21:34 | Message # 28
    First Year
    Group: Hufflepuffs
    Is there a way to see which threads you've posted in and which have new posts? Like the Pensieve over on CoS?

Added (2013-04-13, 21:34)
    ---------------------------------------------
    Never mind! I've just stumbled upon the answer myself. smile

ArryGrotterDate: Saturday, 2013-04-13, 21:51 | Message # 29
    Third Year
    To answer your question for all to see:

To find threads you've posted in, open your profile (by click on your username on the front page or on the profile button beneath any of your posts) and then on "Forum(#)" at the bottom of your profile. Threads will be listed by last post.

To have a list of all threads ordered by last post, click "New messages" near the top of the page next to "Private Messages"

FleurduJardinDate: Saturday, 2013-04-13, 22:02 | Message # 30
    Second Year
    Group: Ravenclaws
    Quote (Schlubalybub)
    I registered as Fran the Viera, but it hasn't been activated- is that because it's an unrecognised username, or because you haven't done it yet? I'm not having a go or anything, I'm just curious smileAlso, I appear to have been banned- I think it was because I was having a nosy after trying to login- sorry
    Response in your PM box, Schlubalybub.

Sorry, didn't see your application (we get about 300 a day, mostly spam, so unless we know it's a genuine new member, the applications get zapped.) smile Details in PM.

ETA - I spent about an hour zapping "fake" registrations earlier today. I'm almost sure I didn't see "Fran the Viera" but I may have missed it.

On the other hand, I saw someone from NZ browsing through AV last night (well, night in the US, evening Down Below) - I thought it might be Arry, so I didn't ban the IP, LOL. Won't you join us, Arry? wink

Message edited by FleurduJardin - Saturday, 2013-04-13, 22:34

sjcuk13Date: Sunday, 2013-05-05, 09:57 | Message # 31
    Second Year
    Group: Slytherins
    I really like this place and you all ready have a thread for Dr. who smile

one thing I cant find how do I get a house? I have seen muggles with a house badge but I cant seam to find how I can get one.

thanks smile

ArryGrotterDate: Monday, 2013-05-06, 06:46 | Message # 32
    Third Year
    The house sorting system is still under development (actually, it's on hold for a bit until I have more time to invest more in this site haha). At the moment, I'm allowing people to sort themselves as long as it is a house they have been sorted in on Pottermore or CoS. Just PM me smile

sjcuk13Date: Monday, 2013-05-06, 07:54 | Message # 33
    Second Year
    Ah I see thank you

FleurduJardinDate: Sunday, 2013-05-12, 22:08 | Message # 34
    Second Year
    Group: Ravenclaws
    Aha, another Slytherin! biggrin

Arry, did you make a headcount of how many members we have in each of the four Houses? It'd be interesting to know.

Sicuk13, were you a CoS member? What was your username there? I don't remember seeing it...

Pls check your PM box. smile

sjcuk13Date: Sunday, 2013-05-12, 22:28 | Message # 35
    Second Year
    Sjcuk13 is the username I try to use everywhere. I was on cos, same username, my pottermore one is vinegold23254, however I never got onto ether of them as much as I would have liked

ArryGrotterDate: Monday, 2013-05-13, 08:39 | Message # 36
    Third Year
    Quote (FleurduJardin)
    Arry, did you make a headcount of how many members we have in each of the four Houses? It'd be interesting to know.

Not many at the moment.

3 Hufflepuffs (4 including me)
    3 Ravenclaws
    4 Slytherins
    5 Gryffindors
    3 'Students' unsorted
    19 other members unsorted

sjcuk13Date: Thursday, 2013-05-30, 07:50 | Message # 37
    Second Year
    Ok something that I have been wondering for a while. On the members page under the title of rank. There are boxes that are ether clear or purple. What are they, what are they for, and how do I full it up?

ArryGrotterDate: Thursday, 2013-05-30, 08:18 | Message # 38
    Third Year
    Those are the user 'ranks'. They increase depending on the number of posts a user has, and relate to whether your user title is first year etc.

The default set of symbols start as grey squares, become blue squares and then later red squares. These would appear next to your avatar in your posts, however this has been changed to instead show your house crest. (Note that some new members labelled 'Muggles' actually show these grey and blue boxes). I may change the symbols used, but as they only appear in the members list or in a user's profile, these will probably stay.

Forum » Hogsmeade Forums » Administration » General Questions (Post any questions you have here)
    • Page 2 of 2
    • «
    Search: