[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Latest Replies: (may take a few minutes to update)
  • General Writing Discussion Thread (Replies: 4) - Last by joanvines11 (09:24 GMT) 
  • Favorite games you liked to play as you grew up (Replies: 9) - Last by assasin504 (10:02 GMT) 
  • Severus Snape (Replies: 18) - Last by assasin504 (09:59 GMT) 
  • Sherlock (Replies: 4) - Last by sjcuk13 (23:27 GMT) 
  • What's your CoS username? (Replies: 24) - Last by elloran (09:57 GMT) 

• Page 1 of 3
    • »
    Forum » Hobbies » Literature » Your Current Read
    Your Current Read
    xhanax315Date: Friday, 2013-04-05, 04:44 | Message # 1
    First Year
    Group: Students
    Well the title is quite obvious I think. So what are you currently reading at the moment?

I'm currently working through:
    Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
    Les Miserables - Victor Hugo
    Ruthless: Pretty Little Liars #10 - Sara Shepard
    Tell the Wolves I'm Home - Carol Rifka Brunt

freelantzerDate: Friday, 2013-04-05, 04:54 | Message # 2
    First Year
    Group: Hufflepuffs
    I just finished Divergent, which I really liked. Now I'm working my way through Beautiful Creatures, which is just okay so far--about half done.

FleurduJardinDate: Friday, 2013-04-05, 06:13 | Message # 3
    Second Year
    Group: Ravenclaws
    I'm rereading the whole Dresden File series and have just started the last (to date) book, "Cold Days".  The "Other Harry", meaning the other wizard named Harry is cool, I like him a lot. Different from our beloved Harry Potter, of course, but very enjoyable. smile

halfbreedloverDate: Friday, 2013-04-05, 07:01 | Message # 4
    Just Received their Letter
    Group: Slytherins
    I'm currently reading The Tragedy of Puddnhead Wilson by Mark Twain. It's a good read so far.

"Today's cure is tomorrow's headache." Karl Pilkington

Britreads4funDate: Saturday, 2013-04-06, 19:27 | Message # 5
    First Year
    I'm re-reading "Trickster's Choice" by Tamora Pierce. Just finished reading the Immortals and Song of the Lioness quartets by the same author.

gelowo93Date: Saturday, 2013-04-06, 20:53 | Message # 6
    I'm just over halfway through A Storm of Swords by GRR Martin (the 3rd ASoIaF book), and struggling to keep up with the TV series now it's back on  tongue

FleurduJardinDate: Sunday, 2013-04-07, 04:29 | Message # 7
    Second Year
    Quote (gelowo93)
    'm just over halfway through A Storm of Swords by GRR Martin (the 3rd ASoIaF book), and struggling to keep up with the TV series now it's back on tongue
    Half-way through SoS is when I stopped reading the series, it became too complicated and started getting into horror (the Red wedding and its aftermath) - so now I'm counting on other readers' comments to keep up with the story! And I look at the summary of the books on Google. wink

The TV series is back? That's great! It's easier to follow the saga on screen - I don't have HBO, but my brother is recording the show on DVD for me. I'll have to remind him. Can't wait to see it. They did a good job adapting the books.

Fawkesfan1Date: Sunday, 2013-04-07, 16:28 | Message # 8
    Third Year
    Group: Gryffindors
    I'm in the middle of reading some Far Side Gallery books by Gary Larson. Really love his sense of humor lol It's somewhat twisted at times, but it never fails to not make me laugh.

Message edited by Fawkesfan1 - Sunday, 2013-04-07, 16:28

freelantzerDate: Monday, 2013-04-08, 02:47 | Message # 9
    First Year
    Picked up Insurgent on kindle because I couldn't wait until I finished Beautiful Creatuers to start it. It's just okay so far. I've been on a YA streak recently, and I've realized that YA is best in small doses. I'm getting really sick of teenage angst.

SchlubalybubDate: Tuesday, 2013-04-09, 11:57 | Message # 10
    First Year
    I've just finished rereading Adrian Mole: The Prostrate Years by Sue Townsend. I much prefer her Adrian Mole to any other books she has written.

SpacecadetDate: Tuesday, 2013-04-09, 13:55 | Message # 11
    First Year
    I'm finishing off the Fallen series by Lauren Kate. I'm sort of losing interest in the series but after reading 3 books and a novella i feel obligated to see it through to the finish.

leah49Date: Tuesday, 2013-04-09, 18:55 | Message # 12
    I am reading a lot of things, if you check out my goodreads page.  I read stuff for review (ebooks mostly) and then have m pleasure read.  Right now, for pleasure, I am reading the book She Matters by Susanna Sonnenberg that I won from booktrib.com.

For review I am reading: David's Song by A.R. Talley, Big Decisions (Lizzie Searches for Love #3) by Linda Byler, The Victory Season: The End of World War II and the Birth of Baseball's Golden Age by Robert Weintraub, and Threads of Grace by Kelly Long

Added (2013-04-09, 18:55)
    ---------------------------------------------
    Quote (freelantzer)
    Picked up Insurgent on kindle because I couldn't wait until I finished Beautiful Creatuers to start it. It's just okay so far. I've been on a YA streak recently, and I've realized that YA is best in small doses. I'm getting really sick of teenage angst.
    I liked Divergent better than Insurgent, but it's still interesting enough that I want to read the third book when it comes out.

Thank you for creating the forums that may keep us together after the closure of CoS.

Message edited by leah49 - Tuesday, 2013-04-09, 18:56

MaelodyDate: Tuesday, 2013-04-09, 22:40 | Message # 13
    Second Year
    Group: Slytherins
    I'm wanting to re-read the Potter books...again...for a fifth time....:)

Otherwise my list keeps growing! D:

The Hobbit: Tolkien
    Catching Fire: Collins
    Stranger Will: Caleb J. Ross (A guy who graduated from my school's book)
    The Brave Journey and The Rightful Heir: Jefferson Knapp (A friend of mine who's third book is being released soon)
    Wicked: Maguire
    The Casual Vacancy: Rowling

freelantzerDate: Friday, 2013-04-12, 05:23 | Message # 14
    First Year
    I can't figure out how to quote on here. Is it just not working on my iPad?

Anyway, I wanted to reply to Leah--thanks for the encouragement on Insurgent. I now feel like picking it up again after leaving it alone for over a week. smile

ArryGrotterDate: Friday, 2013-04-12, 06:01 | Message # 15
    Third Year
    Group: Head of House
    Quote (freelantzer)
    I can't figure out how to quote on here. Is it just not working on my iPad?

Quoting works here by highlighting the text of a quote and then clicking the quote button at the bottom of the post. Similar to the quick quote (i think it was called) function on CoS.

FlyingTigerDate: Friday, 2013-04-12, 06:42 | Message # 16
    First Year
    Group: Gryffindors
    Quote (FleurduJardin)
    I'm rereading the whole Dresden File series and have just started the last (to date) book, "Cold Days".
    Yeah, I liked the Dresden Files too. The Winter Knight is cool, pun intended. biggrin

I've ordered Jim Butcher's other series, the Codex Alera. Haven't started on it yet. Anyone read it?

Any advanced enough technology is undistinguishable from magic - Arthur C. Clarke

freelantzerDate: Saturday, 2013-04-13, 02:55 | Message # 17
    First Year
    Thanks for the help, Arry. Doesn't allow me to highlight it on my iPad, though. It lets me copy, but not select, so the forum doesn't recognize that ive selected anything. Oh, well.

FleurduJardinDate: Saturday, 2013-04-13, 03:07 | Message # 18
    Second Year
    Thanks for the help, Arry. Doesn't allow me to highlight it on my iPad,
    though. It lets me copy, but not select, so the forum doesn't recognize
    that ive selected anything. Oh, well.

I'm glad to see that being off-topic doesn't get a Mod - or should I say THE Admin and Mod to swoop down on you like a ton of bricks!! biggrin

Bill, I've started on the Codex Alera too. I'm just about 30 pages into the first book. For the moment, it doesn't grab me like the Dresden Files did. But it's really a bit too early to tell.

ArryGrotterDate: Saturday, 2013-04-13, 05:12 | Message # 19
    Third Year
    Group: Head of House
    Well, I can always swoop in and tell you off tongue (Off topicness still does irritate me a bit) I'll only try and steer back on topic if its more than a couple of posts haha
    I can't speak for whoever makes mod though haha

Anyway, to keep on topic, I'm reading nothing at the moment...

FleurduJardinDate: Saturday, 2013-04-13, 06:38 | Message # 20
    Second Year
    Quote (ArryGrotter)
    I can't speak for whoever makes mod though haha
    Well, on my site, I tend to split threads if people go off topic on them. That has gotten me in fights with one of my fellow Admins. They'd rather have a long (i.e. successful) thread that goes in all directions than on-topic threads that are too short and make people think that nobody's really interested.

Back on topic: I'm getting slightly more interested in the Codex Alera. But for the moment I like the Dresden Files better. On Jim Butcher's site, a reader came in and really gave him hell for writing anything else than Dresden, LOL!!

Forum » Hobbies » Literature » Your Current Read
    • Page 1 of 3
    • »
    Search: