[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Latest Replies: (may take a few minutes to update)
  • General Writing Discussion Thread (Replies: 4) - Last by joanvines11 (09:24 GMT) 
  • Favorite games you liked to play as you grew up (Replies: 9) - Last by assasin504 (10:02 GMT) 
  • Severus Snape (Replies: 18) - Last by assasin504 (09:59 GMT) 
  • Sherlock (Replies: 4) - Last by sjcuk13 (23:27 GMT) 
  • What's your CoS username? (Replies: 24) - Last by elloran (09:57 GMT) 

• Page 1 of 1
    Forum » Hobbies » Television » Doctor Who
    Doctor Who
    SchlubalybubDate: Saturday, 2013-04-13, 17:19 | Message # 1
    First Year
    Group: Students
    The thread for all things Doctor Who! Remember, not everyone is getting the new series at the same time (although I'm watching the latest episode now) so I reckon spoiler tags are in order.

I just thought I'd open it, if that's OK

ArryGrotterDate: Saturday, 2013-04-13, 21:03 | Message # 2
    Third Year
    Group: Head of House
    Quote (Schlubalybub)
    I just thought I'd open it, if that's OK

Totally ok - the more threads the better!

I'm not a Doctor Who fan, but luckily for those New Zealanders that are, they are showing the episodes on TV here only a day or two after the UK, which is pretty cool (meanwhile shows like The Mentalist are about 10 months behind laugh )

freelantzerDate: Saturday, 2013-04-13, 21:08 | Message # 3
    First Year
    Group: Hufflepuffs
    Yay! Doctor Who thread! I'm a relative Who noob, so I usually just lurk in Who threads. But if you don't mind, I'd love to be able to ask questions about references and other things I didn't get in the episodes without feeling dumb. shy

SchlubalybubDate: Sunday, 2013-04-14, 13:25 | Message # 4
    First Year
    Go for it! I'm not so hot on the old Who, but I'm pretty spot on with the newer ones. I do know a bit about the older ones because I've got them on my netflix (obviously not all of them, there are still a lot of missing episodes, and I think that all of the old Who that are on Netflix are black and white- that is, if they're still there at all, I haven't spotted them in a while...

freelantzerDate: Sunday, 2013-04-14, 18:02 | Message # 5
    First Year
    Group: Hufflepuffs
    Cool! Thanks. I have only seen the episodes with Eleven. I plan to watch all the new Who episodes in an epic Netflx marathon as soon as school gets out. biggrin

Haven't watched yesterday's episode yet, but I'll be back once I do. Are we seeing the episodes at the same time? I just got Cold War here yesterday and recorded it.

SchlubalybubDate: Sunday, 2013-04-14, 18:45 | Message # 6
    First Year
    Yeah, Cold War was the one I watched yesterday, so we're at the same stage. Nine and Ten are really worth a watch when you get round to it!

sjcuk13Date: Sunday, 2013-05-05, 09:23 | Message # 7
    Second Year
    Group: Slytherins
    I love new who. I haven't managed to get into the old how despite wanting to watch a few episodes but I just can not get into it.
    I have and still am an avid fan since it came back in 2005 and very much looking forward to the 50th.
    I do have a few theories about the 50th if anyone is interested I will share them on here smile

SchlubalybubDate: Tuesday, 2013-05-21, 09:51 | Message # 8
    First Year
    Ooh, do share! I've been reading a lot of WMG theories on TVTropes, but I need more!

sjcuk13Date: Tuesday, 2013-05-21, 17:10 | Message # 9
    Second Year
    Ok I have to ask what is WMG?

Well a few of my theories have been squished since The Name of the Doctor. But there is a massive throw away line in the first episode The Bells of St. John when Clara says something like
    I got this number from a girl in a shop she said its the best technical help in the universe
    this has got to be Rose. Why she gave the number to Clara however I am not sure but I am sure in her universe things normally happen a bit sooner than this universe.

I was sure the 50th would have something about the Great Intelligence but I am now not so sure I am leaning more towards him than anyone else.

How about you?

SchlubalybubDate: Thursday, 2013-05-30, 07:03 | Message # 10
    First Year
    Oh, sorry. WMG is Wild Mass Guessing

sjcuk13Date: Thursday, 2013-05-30, 07:23 | Message # 11
    Second Year
    Lol thanks. So what is your fav theory?

SchlubalybubDate: Wednesday, 2013-06-05, 00:52 | Message # 12
    First Year
    I have a few...

Four and five of  my list are my favourites, as well as my most obvious...

sjcuk13Date: Wednesday, 2013-06-05, 10:04 | Message # 13
    Second Year
    After reading a lot of theory's and explaining of the episode. I am leaning towards the valeyard. Basically all the evil/bad that is in the doctor.

I don't know why but this seams to be the theory that has won me over. However I do like tha thought that he is pre hartnell. That could be very interesting.

SchlubalybubDate: Friday, 2013-06-07, 21:57 | Message # 14
    First Year

sjcuk13Date: Saturday, 2013-06-08, 06:51 | Message # 15
    Second Year

Assuming the doctor will always recognise himself or part of himself. Don't forget that 10 knew something was wrong with jack and tried to leave Cardiff without him because he was "wrong"

Forum » Hobbies » Television » Doctor Who
    • Page 1 of 1
    Search: