[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Latest Replies: (may take a few minutes to update)
  • General Writing Discussion Thread (Replies: 4) - Last by joanvines11 (09:24 GMT) 
  • Favorite games you liked to play as you grew up (Replies: 9) - Last by assasin504 (10:02 GMT) 
  • Severus Snape (Replies: 18) - Last by assasin504 (09:59 GMT) 
  • Sherlock (Replies: 4) - Last by sjcuk13 (23:27 GMT) 
  • What's your CoS username? (Replies: 24) - Last by elloran (09:57 GMT) 

• Page 1 of 2
    • »
    Forum » Harry Potter » The Fandom » The future of CoS forums
    The future of CoS forums
    ArryGrotterDate: Saturday, 2014-02-01, 21:47 | Message # 1
    Third Year
    Group: Head of House
    I thought this topic deserved a separate thread to over grievances in the other thread.

On the 11th hour, Mugglenet has swooped in trying to acquire the forums from Morgoth. I know that there is a number of members that would prefer the deal would not go through, while others are cautious about the deal.

With CoS currently "closed for a few days whilst we undertake some maintenance", what do you think is going to happen in the next week or so?

sjcuk13Date: Saturday, 2014-02-01, 22:59 | Message # 2
    Second Year
    Group: Slytherins
    I will admit to not going on COS in a long long time. However it always seamed to be a constant something that would always be there to go back to.

As everyone seamed to be sad that COS was closing I would like to know why some people to not want to to reopen? Even if it is under new management so-to-speak.

ArryGrotterDate: Saturday, 2014-02-01, 23:36 | Message # 3
    Third Year
    Quote sjcuk13 ()
    As everyone seamed to be sad that COS was closing I would like to know why some people to not want to to reopen? Even if it is under new management so-to-speak.

Quite a number of people are unhappy with Mugglenet's management style. We sense that if they do indeed take over that the spirit of CoS will be degraded by corporate greed and ego.

sjcuk13Date: Saturday, 2014-02-01, 23:59 | Message # 4
    Second Year
    Quote ArryGrotter ()
    Quite a number of people are unhappy with Mugglenet's management style. We sense that if they do indeed take over that the spirit of CoS will be degraded by corporate greed and ego.

Ah I see. In that case I would say wait and see, at worst you can only be confirmed right and at best you can only be presently surprised.

I am quite curious as to know if Mugglenet are to take over the sight if they will leave the layout as it is as that I find so fun it also makes things easier to read sometimes.

xhanax315Date: Sunday, 2014-02-02, 00:23 | Message # 5
    First Year
    Group: Students
    Right and not only that, but what changes would the new mugglenet team bring to CoS? Would we losing a lot of what we already have, like the community itself and the previous discussions. Mugglenet' sort of had a falling out, it's not nearly what it used to be, and who knows what kind of new following it might bring with it. It maybe for the good or the bad, so far it's too early to tell.

ArryGrotterDate: Sunday, 2014-02-02, 00:26 | Message # 6
    Third Year
    I'm personally surprised that the message on CoS is that it's only closed for a few days. I would have thought that the closure would be indefinite while discussions were held behind the scenes.

ccollinsmithDate: Sunday, 2014-02-02, 05:23 | Message # 7
    First Year
    The nature of the message on CoS surprised me too... not to mention the smiley face at the end.

THE GLITTELUTION WILL NEVER DIE!
    viva la glittelution!

xhanax315Date: Sunday, 2014-02-02, 12:36 | Message # 8
    First Year
    When did the new message about Jo's statement pop up? Sure wasn't there when I checked the site yesterday. lol

sailorlumDate: Sunday, 2014-02-02, 17:12 | Message # 9
    First Year
    It sounds to me like, from the new message*, that the site will definitely be reopening for discussions! As long as they don't lose any of the old discussions, I'm happy with that. I'll just post here and there, and hope for the best. ;)

OMG, we closed the forums and JK Rowling now says Harry & Hermione should have been together all along. She must have known CoS was on the
    precipice and has intervened to drop this bombshell for you all to
    discuss when we reopen... Well played, Mrs Rowling, well played.
    Unfortunately, CoS is still closed for the time being as we are doing
    some work on here still, so bear with us for the time being and we'll be
    back when we're ready - Morgoth

ArryGrotterDate: Sunday, 2014-02-02, 19:02 | Message # 10
    Third Year
    Yes, just saw that too. A return does seem imminent. Still nothing more regarding a Mugglenet take-over, though, but I assume it must be happening as CoS would be permanently closing otherwise...

ccollinsmithDate: Sunday, 2014-02-02, 22:19 | Message # 11
    First Year
    The latest from Morgoth on the CoS homepage...

"Still working on the forums. Going to be closed for another 24 hours at least. Enjoy the Super Bowl for you football fans and for non-football fans, you don't get a say. Not on Super Bowl day. This is our day. Come on Broncos! - Morgoth"

viva la glittelution!

Message edited by ccollinsmith - Sunday, 2014-02-02, 22:20

ArryGrotterDate: Sunday, 2014-02-02, 23:10 | Message # 12
    Third Year
    Morogth is an American football fan? wow

Still nothing about what to expect when it does return. These comments make it seem like it's all business as usual - even though we know Matt wants to leave...

ccollinsmithDate: Monday, 2014-02-03, 00:09 | Message # 13
    First Year
    Well, someone in the Hogsmeadianites Unite on Facebook group made a joke about the London Broncos in response to Matt's comment, so maybe Matt was making a pun.

And yeah, the tenor of the comments is a bit confusing to me too.

viva la glittelution!

sjcuk13Date: Monday, 2014-02-03, 00:11 | Message # 14
    Second Year
    Quote ArryGrotter ()
    These comments make it seem like it's all business as usual - even though we know Matt wants to leave...
    If Matt is Morgoth that is exactly the impression I got too.

NotMyDaughterDate: Monday, 2014-02-03, 02:27 | Message # 15
    Just Received their Letter
    Screw the Broncos. I'm rooting for the Chudley Cannons.

“I see a light in the kitchen. Let us not deprive Molly any longer of the chance to de­plore how thin you are.”

sjcuk13Date: Monday, 2014-02-03, 02:55 | Message # 16
    Second Year
    lol As I live in the UK I have no idea what the big super bowl games is or why this is different to any other American Football game.

ArryGrotterDate: Monday, 2014-02-03, 03:48 | Message # 17
    Third Year
    Just noticed that the big message at the top of the page regarding the possible Mugglenet takeover's been removed - only the Superbowl message now :hmm:

sailorlumDate: Monday, 2014-02-03, 04:20 | Message # 18
    First Year
    Hm, mysterious. Will it come back read-only or under new management?...

Quote sjcuk13 ()
    As I live in the UK I have no idea what the big super bowl games is or why this is different to any other American Football game.

The Super Bowl games are the final championship games. With the earlier games, they are playing to get into the Super Bowl/finals.

ccollinsmithDate: Monday, 2014-02-03, 04:53 | Message # 19
    First Year
    Yeah @sjcuk13, Matt = Morgoth. :)

LOL @NotMyDaughter re: the Chudley Cannons. I guess Ron needs a bit of support today after being dropped by JKR as Hermione's appropriate love interest. yuhup

(Oh, nice job, Arry, of appropriating the CoS smileys! But I'm not finding :evil:)

Anyway, yeah, the Super Bowl is our professional American-football championship game. It's also known for its creative advertisements and its half-time show.

That said, my husband and I watched Downton Abbey and Sherlock instead. I'd already streamed Sherlock series 3 so I could talk about it with my UK CoS friends on Facebook, but the finale was airing in the US tonight, and I wanted to make sure we caught it.

viva la glittelution!

Message edited by ccollinsmith - Monday, 2014-02-03, 05:24

sjcuk13Date: Monday, 2014-02-03, 13:48 | Message # 20
    Second Year
    So the Super Bowl is basically the final of this years competition? 

CCollinsmith: i have made a Sherlock thread here: http://hogsmeade.ucoz.com/forum/12-96-1
    I love the show since I got into it last year.

here

Forum » Harry Potter » The Fandom » The future of CoS forums
    • Page 1 of 2
    • »
    Search: