[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Latest Replies: (may take a few minutes to update)
  • General Writing Discussion Thread (Replies: 4) - Last by joanvines11 (09:24 GMT) 
  • Favorite games you liked to play as you grew up (Replies: 9) - Last by assasin504 (10:02 GMT) 
  • Severus Snape (Replies: 18) - Last by assasin504 (09:59 GMT) 
  • Sherlock (Replies: 4) - Last by sjcuk13 (23:27 GMT) 
  • What's your CoS username? (Replies: 24) - Last by elloran (09:57 GMT) 

• Page 1 of 1
    Forum » Hobbies » Television » Castle
    Castle
    ArryGrotterDate: Sunday, 2013-04-14, 06:13 | Message # 1
    Third Year
    Group: Head of House
    Anyone else love this show?

I particularly enjoyed the 100th episode a couple of weeks ago. I was not expecting that twist at the end at all!!! laugh

freelantzerDate: Sunday, 2013-04-14, 18:04 | Message # 2
    First Year
    Group: Hufflepuffs
    I love, love Castle. The 100th was great. I didn't expect that twist, either. I'm looking forward to a light-hearted episode Monday with the Sasquatch episode. lol I just love Nathan Fillion.

Fawkesfan1Date: Sunday, 2013-04-14, 20:12 | Message # 3
    Third Year
    Group: Gryffindors
    I have to catch up on it lol Been behind in watching it due to being busy in rl, dang it tongue

freelantzerDate: Sunday, 2013-04-14, 23:04 | Message # 4
    First Year
    You totally have to catch up, Fawkes! The 100th episode was a take on Rear Window.  yes

ArryGrotterDate: Tuesday, 2013-04-23, 09:18 | Message # 5
    Third Year
    Hmm, all that discussion about the future and rings - makes me wonder what's going to happen this season finale...

And next week's episode looks like fun from the promo!

freelantzerDate: Thursday, 2013-04-25, 04:15 | Message # 6
    First Year
    Rings? I didn't notice the ring talk, but Eric Vaughn really got into Beckett's head--now she wants to have "The Talk" I wonder how Castle will react to that. I hope they don't make him commitment-phobic. I don't think that would be true to his character after loving her all these years.

ArryGrotterDate: Thursday, 2013-04-25, 05:38 | Message # 7
    Third Year
    Quote (freelantzer)
    Rings? I didn't notice the ring talk,
    That throwaway comment Martha made when she was saying that Beckett was still 'a free woman'...

freelantzerDate: Saturday, 2013-04-27, 03:39 | Message # 8
    First Year
    Oh, yeah, I remember that now. That does seem like they're pushing them in that direction for the finale.

Fawkesfan1Date: Sunday, 2013-04-28, 00:03 | Message # 9
    Third Year
    Quote (freelantzer)
    Oh, yeah, I remember that now. That does seem like they're pushing them in that direction for the finale.
    *Ugh* More 'will they, won't they' then? no

More and more games... *sigh* I understand why they're doing it, but still it gets old every now and then.

freelantzerDate: Sunday, 2013-04-28, 02:10 | Message # 10
    First Year
    It does get old, Fawkes. It seems like they think they have to keep it up to keep it interesting. Like that Moonlighting curse they're always talking about. It's just dumb. You can have a happy couple and still have a good show. Like Bones has done a good job (finally) with Booth and Bones as a couple. I have other problems with that show, but I think they've done a good job with that relationship. Castle is a better show to me, and I hope they realize they don't need to manufacture problems in their relationship.

Message edited by freelantzer - Sunday, 2013-04-28, 02:11

Fawkesfan1Date: Sunday, 2013-04-28, 14:29 | Message # 11
    Third Year
    Quote (freelantzer)
    It does get old, Fawkes. It seems like they think they have to keep it up to keep it interesting. Like that Moonlighting curse they're always talking about. It's just dumb. You can have a happy couple and still have a good show. Like Bones has done a good job (finally) with Booth and Bones as a couple. I have other problems with that show, but I think they've done a good job with that relationship. Castle is a better show to me, and I hope they realize they don't need to manufacture problems in their relationship.Message edited by freelantzer - Sunday, 2013-04-28, 02:11
    You hit the nail on the head, freelantzer. They keep on hitting their head against the wall by doing what they're doing, in hopes that it won't result in repeating the Moonlighting curse rolleyes Agreed. They've struck a good balance there. And they've done a pretty good job with Castle and Beckett. Definitely. I think it would cheapen it if they kept on doing that over and over, just because they think a 'curse' still exists over couples in relationships. Another one to add to the pile, 'Mulder and Scully' -- they weren't able to develop it as much as Castle and Beckett and Booth and Brennan, but they proved that the Moonlighting curse is just a bunch of hot air (the exception being no real love/sex scene per say, but All Things did a good job hinting at it nonetheless), and that getting two main characters together is no big deal.

freelantzerDate: Wednesday, 2013-05-01, 05:10 | Message # 12
    First Year
    Even though it was a clip episode, that was a really good episode! I'm glad the line they showed in the preview was totally out of context: "We've had a great run" made it seem like Beckett was breaking up with Castle, but that wasn't it at all of course. Good episode.

ArryGrotterDate: Wednesday, 2013-05-01, 08:25 | Message # 13
    Third Year
    Hmm, I never thought "We've had a great run" was them breaking up, but I did know that there was a bomb in the episode, so that's probably why.

I loved the 'clip episode' element to it. Makes me realise how long the series has been running for... (I think I starting watching and caught up around season 3?)

freelantzerDate: Thursday, 2013-05-02, 04:02 | Message # 14
    First Year
    Oh, I didn't realize this episode was going to involve a bomb, so when I heard her say that, I guess I thought they were going to have them fighting and maybe breaking up. Maybe I thought that because of last weeks episode where they were all mad and jealous and sort of questioning their relationship. I'm glad I just totally misunderstood that preview. They were super cute on this episode. smile

ArryGrotterDate: Tuesday, 2013-05-14, 22:37 | Message # 15
    Third Year
    I knew it.

I wonder what Beckett with say to both offers?

It's probably pretty obvious that she'll stay in NY because otherwise the show would have a massive rehaul. There is the slight possibility that the show would migrate to DC, but in order for the show to work Castle would still need to be working with her, and I doubt the FBI would allow that. So yeah, I think it's pretty obvious she'll turn down the job offer.

freelantzerDate: Wednesday, 2013-05-15, 03:34 | Message # 16
    First Year
    I loved that ending! I loved now they zoomed in on Nathan holding out the ring and looking almost into the camera so I could pretend he was proposing to me! :whistle: lol

ArryGrotterDate: Wednesday, 2013-05-15, 04:02 | Message # 17
    Third Year
    Um, aha Dawna... I'll let you have your wishful thinking tongue

Forum » Hobbies » Television » Castle
    • Page 1 of 1
    Search: