[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Latest Replies: (may take a few minutes to update)
  • General Writing Discussion Thread (Replies: 4) - Last by joanvines11 (09:24 GMT) 
  • Favorite games you liked to play as you grew up (Replies: 9) - Last by assasin504 (10:02 GMT) 
  • Severus Snape (Replies: 18) - Last by assasin504 (09:59 GMT) 
  • Sherlock (Replies: 4) - Last by sjcuk13 (23:27 GMT) 
  • What's your CoS username? (Replies: 24) - Last by elloran (09:57 GMT) 

• Page 2 of 2
    • «
    Forum » Hogsmeade Forums » Administration » Suggestions (Any suggestions relating to the forums here)
    Suggestions
    MaelodyDate: Wednesday, 2013-04-10, 00:11 | Message # 21
    Second Year
    Group: Slytherins
    The only thing that worries me about that and I didn't agree with it on CoS is that authors spend all of their time writing these amazing stories, and once they're finished, they can't do anything with them. If any part of a novel you are writing touches the internet publishers won't publish it. I mean, if you're just writing something with no means of publishing it, I guess that would be OK, but it just makes me a little nervous. It already surprises me enough I waste all my energy on fan fiction, something I wouldn't be able to publish at all  lol

ArryGrotterDate: Wednesday, 2013-04-10, 00:14 | Message # 22
    Third Year
    Group: Head of House
    Oops, I didn't think about that. I'll have to consider where to place that forum. Might have to rejig the Harry Potter creations section. Would you think it's a good idea to rename that simply 'Creative Centre' (or something like that) and include HP and non-HP sections?
    Similarly, do you think I should have separate Feedback sub-forums or would one covering all suffice?

But then I don't want any confusion regarding the Art and Writings section in Hobbies laugh

Fawkesfan1Date: Wednesday, 2013-04-10, 00:14 | Message # 23
    Third Year
    Group: Gryffindors
    Quote (Maelody)
    The only thing that worries me about that and I didn't agree with it on CoS is that authors spend all of their time writing these amazing stories, and once they're finished, they can't do anything with them. If any part of a novel you are writing touches the internet publishers won't publish it. I mean, if you're just writing something with no means of publishing it, I guess that would be OK, but it just makes me a little nervous. It already surprises me enough I waste all my energy on fan fiction, something I wouldn't be able to publish at all lol
    Understandable. If it's something other than fan fiction, I'd probably not put it online.

There's nothing to be ashamed of tongue It's something that you enjoy doing. Even if it's something you can't make money off of, at least you have fun doing it smile

ccollinsmithDate: Wednesday, 2013-04-10, 02:36 | Message # 24
    First Year
    Is there a TV subforum? I'm asking because I just saw movies and video games.

But Doctor Who and Game of Thrones are both showing new episodes right now, so there could be plenty for some people to talk about.

THE GLITTELUTION WILL NEVER DIE!
    viva la glittelution!

ArryGrotterDate: Wednesday, 2013-04-10, 02:41 | Message # 25
    Third Year
    Yes, the TV subforum is between the Movies and Literature subforum in the Hobbies section.

The Movies and TV subforum was split a few days ago.

Fawkesfan1Date: Wednesday, 2013-04-10, 02:42 | Message # 26
    Third Year
    Quote (ccollinsmith)
    Is there a TV subforum? I'm asking because I just saw movies and video games.But Doctor Who and Game of Thrones are both showing new episodes right now, so there could be plenty for some people to talk about.
    Yes there is, it's located right under the movies subforum smile

link to it

Edit: Arry beat me to it lol nm smile

Message edited by Fawkesfan1 - Wednesday, 2013-04-10, 02:44

ccollinsmithDate: Wednesday, 2013-04-10, 07:35 | Message # 27
    First Year
    Okay. Thanks.

THE GLITTELUTION WILL NEVER DIE!
    viva la glittelution!

FleurduJardinDate: Monday, 2013-04-15, 03:34 | Message # 28
    Second Year
    Group: Ravenclaws
    Quote (ccollinsmith)
    But Doctor Who and Game of Thrones are both showing new episodes right now, so there could be plenty for some people to talk about.
    Yes, I'm surprised no one has started threads on those. I don't watch Doctor Who, but I do follow Game of Thrones. Except I don't have HBO, so I wait until my brother sends me the dvd's. So I can't start a thread on something I haven't seen.

The discussion on that series is going strong on CoS, though. There are many fans of the series, some of them have registered here.

Hey, Lord Godric, how about starting a GoT thread?

Added (2013-04-15, 03:34)
    ---------------------------------------------
    ETA - I just looked at the TV subforum and saw that there was a Dr. Who thread, but still no GoT.

Earth to Westeros, Lord Godric, please come in! biggrin

Fawkesfan1Date: Wednesday, 2013-04-24, 22:40 | Message # 29
    Third Year
    Was wondering if it would be ok to start a thread dealing with computer programs such as Paint Shop, Photoshop, Gimp etc.? Thought it would be a good idea to have a place to discuss these programs, share tips, tutorials, etc. smile

Same with a thread that deals with sig making, avatar making etc. Saw a nice one over on CoS and thought it might be a good idea to have something similar here too.

ArryGrotterDate: Wednesday, 2013-04-24, 22:57 | Message # 30
    Third Year
    I'm happy with any new threads smile

It'd probably go in the Computers Section, but I can see how it would be useful in the Arts Section too laugh You can decide which smile

Fawkesfan1Date: Wednesday, 2013-04-24, 23:33 | Message # 31
    Third Year
    Quote (ArryGrotter)
    I'm happy with any new threads smileIt'd probably go in the Computers Section, but I can see how it would be useful in the Arts Section too laugh You can decide which smile
    I was thinking the computers section for the program related thread and the arts section for the one dealing with sig and avatar related tutorials. Thanks smile

Was just dealing with Corel's forums in terms of signing up lol... it's a hassle.

Forum » Hogsmeade Forums » Administration » Suggestions (Any suggestions relating to the forums here)
    • Page 2 of 2
    • «
    Search: