[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Latest Replies: (may take a few minutes to update)
  • General Writing Discussion Thread (Replies: 4) - Last by joanvines11 (09:24 GMT) 
  • Favorite games you liked to play as you grew up (Replies: 9) - Last by assasin504 (10:02 GMT) 
  • Severus Snape (Replies: 18) - Last by assasin504 (09:59 GMT) 
  • Sherlock (Replies: 4) - Last by sjcuk13 (23:27 GMT) 
  • What's your CoS username? (Replies: 24) - Last by elloran (09:57 GMT) 

• Page 1 of 2
    • »
    Forum » Hogsmeade Forums » Administration » Suggestions (Any suggestions relating to the forums here)
    Suggestions
    ArryGrotterDate: Thursday, 2013-04-04, 05:55 | Message # 1
    Third Year
    Group: Head of House
    I've gone ahead and added a bunch of subforums you can start threads in. If something's been missed, tell me here.

halfbreedloverDate: Thursday, 2013-04-04, 06:31 | Message # 2
    Just Received their Letter
    Group: Slytherins
    The casting couch is missing.  smile

"Today's cure is tomorrow's headache." Karl Pilkington

ArryGrotterDate: Thursday, 2013-04-04, 06:48 | Message # 3
    Third Year
    New section added smile

(I'm avoiding using CoS terms for subforums because I don't want this to just be a copycat site)

FleurduJardinDate: Saturday, 2013-04-06, 19:14 | Message # 4
    Second Year
    Group: Ravenclaws
    What about a Games subforum? I can't remember what it was called on CoS' main page - The Quibbler? The Quidditch Pitch? -, but we had a lot of games, including Dragon Quidditch that some Quidditch fans have been clamouring for on AvenueViet, except we don't have enough people interested over there to form a team, let alone two.

We also had word games, etc., plus the games we played on Hogsmeade. Some games played by individuals, some played by teams (like the Battle of the Sexes).

Could we start some of those here?

ArryGrotterDate: Saturday, 2013-04-06, 20:46 | Message # 5
    Third Year
    Good idea Fleur!

I've added the subforum "Games" to the "Social Centre" section
    http://hogsmeade.ucoz.com/forum/28

You're welcome to start any threads smile

FleurduJardinDate: Sunday, 2013-04-07, 04:05 | Message # 6
    Second Year
    I've added the subforum "Games" to the "Social Centre" section

You're welcome to start any threads

Thanks, Arry, I'll think of something. The thing is to get people to participate in any game.

On a different subject, I saw there were Common Rooms for the four Houses, but is there a Sorting Hat, or are we Sorting ourselves?

Also, what's the rules about double posting? It's forbidden on some sites, allowed in others. I'm asking because in some of the games we play on AV, you are allowed two consecutive posts in the game.

Message edited by FleurduJardin - Sunday, 2013-04-07, 04:06

ArryGrotterDate: Sunday, 2013-04-07, 06:03 | Message # 7
    Third Year
    Quote (FleurduJardin)
    On a different subject, I saw there were Common Rooms for the four Houses, but is there a Sorting Hat, or are we Sorting ourselves?

At the moment it's a self-sorting system. Anyone is able to post in any of the threads.

It is possible that we could password protect these threads and have a sorting system, but we'll see

Quote (FleurduJardin)
    Also, what's the rules about double posting? It's forbidden on some sites, allowed in others. I'm asking because in some of the games we play on AV, you are allowed two consecutive posts in the game.

You are allowed to double post.
    The forums will automatically merge it with the previous message and say when each part of the post was made smile

Fawkesfan1Date: Sunday, 2013-04-07, 16:45 | Message # 8
    Third Year
    Group: Gryffindors
    Quote (ArryGrotter)
    Good idea Fleur!I've added the subforum "Games" to the "Social Centre" section

You're welcome to start any threads smile
    Hey Arry, do you mind if some of the games include non-Harry Potter related answers in them too, like it was in Hogsmeade? Might try to transfer over some game threads from there as well smile

Message edited by Fawkesfan1 - Sunday, 2013-04-07, 16:45

FleurduJardinDate: Sunday, 2013-04-07, 17:42 | Message # 9
    Second Year
    Quote (Fawkesfan1)
    Hey Arry, do you mind if some of the games include non-Harry Potter related answers in them too, like it was in Hogsmeade? Might try to transfer over some game threads from there as well smile
    I was thinking of non-HP games, actually. You know, like "Ten songs", "Ten books", "Ten movies" or the "Battle of the Sexes" once we get enough members interested enough to participate to make it challenging.

And of course HP-related games too. Will we have a Peeves flitting around wreaking havoc? lol

Fawkesfan1Date: Sunday, 2013-04-07, 17:52 | Message # 10
    Third Year
    Quote (FleurduJardin)
    I was thinking of non-HP games, actually. You know, like "Ten songs", "Ten books", "Ten movies" or the "Battle of the Sexes" once we get enough members interested enough to participate to make it challenging.And of course HP-related games too. Will we have a Peeves flitting around wreaking havoc? lol
    Sweet biggrin

That would be a great idea tongue lol -- we need to keep up some traditions

ArryGrotterDate: Monday, 2013-04-08, 06:43 | Message # 11
    Third Year
    Quote (Fawkesfan1)
    Hey Arry, do you mind if some of the games include non-Harry Potter related answers in them too, like it was in Hogsmeade? Might try to transfer over some game threads from there as well

Any games are allowed there smile

Quote (FleurduJardin)
    Will we have a Peeves flitting around wreaking havoc?

Hmm... we'll have to see tongue

MaelodyDate: Tuesday, 2013-04-09, 21:53 | Message # 12
    Second Year
    A place for the feedback threads for fan fiction? It keeps things more organized and such like CoS had it. smile

Fawkesfan1Date: Tuesday, 2013-04-09, 22:04 | Message # 13
    Third Year
    Quote (Maelody)
    A place for the feedback threads for fan fiction? It keeps things more organized and such like CoS had it. smile
    Seconded. It would be a good idea if it's possible smile

ArryGrotterDate: Tuesday, 2013-04-09, 22:14 | Message # 14
    Third Year
    Ok, I wasn't sure whether to do that, but I have now.

The only issue is that there doesn't appear to be an option to prevent others from posting in story sections. Hopefully this doesn't cause too much of a problem.

MaelodyDate: Tuesday, 2013-04-09, 22:17 | Message # 15
    Second Year
    Yeah, I've always run into that issue with forum making as well :/ I don't think that's a free thing to get. Unless, maybe you can go into Users and Groups and see if you can control who posts where? But I don't think it'll get that specific. If anything, if a rules Fan Fiction rules thread ever gets made, perhaps putting that others shouldn't reply in an author's story in order to keep things clean and less confusing? Otherwise, we can just specify and add links so no one does it. smile Thank you though!

Fawkesfan1Date: Tuesday, 2013-04-09, 22:18 | Message # 16
    Third Year
    It shouldn't -- as long as people could mention whether or not they mind having replies in their stories, or let people know if they're still working on posting their fic.

ArryGrotterDate: Tuesday, 2013-04-09, 22:29 | Message # 17
    Third Year
    Yeah the best control I have over who can post in a thread is by groups. This is how I made the common rooms private. But it's a subforum blanket rule too (this is why there is a whole section for each common room).

Hopefully the fan fiction section works ok - and it is flexible in that the author can choose where they want feedback.

MaelodyDate: Tuesday, 2013-04-09, 22:34 | Message # 18
    Second Year
    yes I hope so. smile It is a pain having someone post right in the middle of your story haha. Or someone else's because then you think the author may have updated. Though, if it is by choice, it probably won't matter. smile

FleurduJardinDate: Wednesday, 2013-04-10, 00:04 | Message # 19
    Second Year
    Will we have a thread or subforum for non-HP related fiction? On CoS I posted several stories in the "Novella" subforum (which I think the Mods zapped, like they zapped a number of debates I had started, like the one about SPEW and the one about CoS, the book, being the "turning point" in the series. But this is another matter.)

Fawkesfan1Date: Wednesday, 2013-04-10, 00:08 | Message # 20
    Third Year
    Quote (FleurduJardin)
    Will we have a thread or subforum for non-HP related fiction? On CoS I posted several stories in the "Novella" subforum (which I think the Mods zapped, like they zapped a number of debates I had started, like the one about SPEW and the one about CoS, the book, being the "turning point" in the series. But this is another matter.)
    That's a good idea, Fleur smile It would be great to have an area for people to post stories that don't have to do with HP.

Forum » Hogsmeade Forums » Administration » Suggestions (Any suggestions relating to the forums here)
    • Page 1 of 2
    • »
    Search: