[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Latest Replies: (may take a few minutes to update)
  • General Writing Discussion Thread (Replies: 4) - Last by joanvines11 (09:24 GMT) 
  • Favorite games you liked to play as you grew up (Replies: 9) - Last by assasin504 (10:02 GMT) 
  • Severus Snape (Replies: 18) - Last by assasin504 (09:59 GMT) 
  • Sherlock (Replies: 4) - Last by sjcuk13 (23:27 GMT) 
  • What's your CoS username? (Replies: 24) - Last by elloran (09:57 GMT) 

• Page 1 of 1
    Forum » Hogsmeade Forums » Administration » How to change your avatar and signature
    How to change your avatar and signature
    ArryGrotterDate: Friday, 2013-04-05, 02:10 | Message # 1
    Third Year
    Group: Head of House
    Here's how you can change your avatar and signature.
    (NB: The design of the forums may change, but the process will remain the same)

At the top of any page, click "My profile".

In your profile (it will pop up in a new window), click on "Edit User Detail" on the right.

Here you can paste the url of an avatar or upload one from your computer. (I have disabled the 'Choose an Avatar' option for the moment, as some of the pictures to select from where a bit, um, racy....)
    Restrictions are Maximum 150x150 pixels and 512kb, GIF and JPG files only. If your avatar does not load, it is probably because it is outside these restrictions.

You can also add a signature.

Please post any questions about avatars or signatures below.

denmuggleDate: Wednesday, 2013-04-17, 21:28 | Message # 2
    Just Received their Letter
    Group: Muggles
    I tried to follow the above and got the message "Choose avatar category" but there was nothing to choose. I can't figure out how to change my picture I originally uploaded and replace it with an avatar, either.  cry I don't know what to do!!

ArryGrotterDate: Thursday, 2013-04-18, 03:57 | Message # 3
    Third Year
    Group: Head of House
    Hi Den! Good to see you here smile

I've disabled the 'choose an avatar' button because it came to my attention that the images suggested for avatars included some that I wouldn't like to see on this site....

You should be able to upload a custom avatar by clicking the 'Upload your own avatar' button beside it, which should make a button appear allowing you to select one.

Additionally, you can simply enter the URL of an avatar from the internet in the box.

FleurduJardinDate: Thursday, 2013-04-18, 06:56 | Message # 4
    Second Year
    Group: Ravenclaws
    Quote (ArryGrotter)
    You should be able to upload a custom avatar by clicking the 'Upload your own avatar' button beside it, which should make a button appear allowing you to select one.

Additionally, you can simply enter the URL of an avatar from the internet in the box.
    Den - Make sure that your picture is the right size (i.e. not too big) though. That was the problem I had at first, the pics I uploaded didn't show because they were over the allowed 150x150 pixels. smile

Forum » Hogsmeade Forums » Administration » How to change your avatar and signature
    • Page 1 of 1
    Search: