[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Latest Replies: (may take a few minutes to update)
  • General Writing Discussion Thread (Replies: 4) - Last by joanvines11 (09:24 GMT) 
  • Favorite games you liked to play as you grew up (Replies: 9) - Last by assasin504 (10:02 GMT) 
  • Severus Snape (Replies: 18) - Last by assasin504 (09:59 GMT) 
  • Sherlock (Replies: 4) - Last by sjcuk13 (23:27 GMT) 
  • What's your CoS username? (Replies: 24) - Last by elloran (09:57 GMT) 

• Page 1 of 1
    Forum » Social Centre » The Great Hall » Hogwarts Common Room
    Hogwarts Common Room
    ArryGrotterDate: Tuesday, 2013-04-09, 20:41 | Message # 1
    Third Year
    Group: Head of House
    Since I made each of the four common rooms private, there has been a few requests for an open common room for all.

Use this thread to chat about anything will all of your peers.

MaelodyDate: Tuesday, 2013-04-09, 21:51 | Message # 2
    Second Year
    Group: Slytherins
    So wait, then how to we become sorted so we can find said private common rooms?  help

ArryGrotterDate: Tuesday, 2013-04-09, 22:09 | Message # 3
    Third Year
    For the time being, PM me your preferred house. A sorting system will be arranged in due time.

MaelodyDate: Tuesday, 2013-04-09, 22:14 | Message # 4
    Second Year
    Ooooh, OK. smile

FleurduJardinDate: Tuesday, 2013-04-09, 23:54 | Message # 5
    Second Year
    Group: Ravenclaws
    A Hogwarts Common Room is a great idea to promote inter-House relationships and solidarity, which is direly needed in these difficult times - Be it the War against Voldemort or the closing of CoS. *wink*

Though CoS did adopt the idea, did you know that the notion originally came from a fan fic by Minininoo? The same person who wrote "Hufflepuff House", which I quoted earlier (can't see it now myself, I posted it in Hufflepuff Common Room).

Minisinoo wrote a "parallel canon" work, following the events in the last 3 HP books, but from the point of view of a Cedric Diggory who, in her story, didn't die in the graveyard. His Quidditch player reflexes saved him, and he lived on to become Head Boy and join the Order of the Phoenix. I already had a crush on Cedric, but Minisinoo turned that crush into a near-passion. I absolutely recommend that fan fic. The first volume is titled "Finding Himself", paralleling the events in Order of the Phoenix, the second one is "Dulce et Decorum Est", paralleling the Half-Blood Prince. After that, unfortunately, Min decided to devote her time to her Ancient History studies and teaching and stopped writing fan fic. Those two books, which I believe can be found on-line, are well worth reading.

The way Cedric gets the Slytherin to join the other 3 Houses in the Hogwarts Common Room is very clever. Actually, the whole of her parallel series is.

Anyway, thanks for opening up this Common Room, Arry. Her we can interact an chat with friends from different Houses. It's really cool.

FlyingTigerDate: Friday, 2013-04-12, 06:07 | Message # 6
    First Year
    Group: Gryffindors
    Hi everybody! hello

I see I'm a Muggle here. How do I get to be a student?

On CoS I was a Gryffindor. On Pottermore (I'm GalleonFlame6, a Beta member) they put me in Hufflepuff. I consider myself a Gryffinpuff. biggrin

Any advanced enough technology is undistinguishable from magic - Arthur C. Clarke

ArryGrotterDate: Friday, 2013-04-12, 06:14 | Message # 7
    Third Year
    FlyingTiger, Student status is given to all who have at least 5 posts and have been registered for at least 3 days.

You can then become a member of one of the houses once sorted (although sorting still isn't implemented, so I'm just letting people PM me their preferred house hah). Then you can access house common rooms.

FlyingTigerDate: Friday, 2013-04-12, 06:37 | Message # 8
    First Year
    OK, thanks, Arry!

I'm heading towards 5 posts but will have to wait three days. No sweat. biggrin

For the record, I'd like to be in Gryffindor, like I was on CoS.

Any advanced enough technology is undistinguishable from magic - Arthur C. Clarke

MaelodyDate: Friday, 2013-04-12, 21:55 | Message # 9
    Second Year
    So who is excited that it is finally the weekend? I am because I've found this new site called Harry Potter Podcast (where I can voice record mine and other fanfiction) and they are having script competitions and one girl has invited me to be in an improv recording with her, so I'm pretty excited. smile I'm loving all of the newness I'm discovering now that I have to venture off of CoS (so good things come from another's end) smile

Fawkesfan1Date: Saturday, 2013-04-13, 00:10 | Message # 10
    Third Year
    I am smile That's pretty cool, Maelody. Same here. Found a nice Corel site that I joined to learn more about making artwork and that sort of thing.

Message edited by Fawkesfan1 - Saturday, 2013-04-13, 01:31

sjcuk13Date: Thursday, 2013-05-30, 07:40 | Message # 11
    Second Year
    I am currently off work ill. So I have been spending a lot more time online. I normally find the really funny stuff (and things that shouldn't be funny but are).
    And lurking online smile

Forum » Social Centre » The Great Hall » Hogwarts Common Room
    • Page 1 of 1
    Search: