[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Latest Replies: (may take a few minutes to update)
  • General Writing Discussion Thread (Replies: 4) - Last by joanvines11 (09:24 GMT) 
  • Favorite games you liked to play as you grew up (Replies: 9) - Last by assasin504 (10:02 GMT) 
  • Severus Snape (Replies: 18) - Last by assasin504 (09:59 GMT) 
  • Sherlock (Replies: 4) - Last by sjcuk13 (23:27 GMT) 
  • What's your CoS username? (Replies: 24) - Last by elloran (09:57 GMT) 

• Page 1 of 1
    Forum » Social Centre » The Great Hall » Your Awkward or Humiliating Moments (Cause I'm strange and wanna know...)
    Your Awkward or Humiliating Moments
    MaelodyDate: Tuesday, 2013-04-09, 22:29 | Message # 1
    Second Year
    Group: Slytherins
    OK, so on another site today, I saw someone post something about their awkward moment and asked everyone to share. There have been some comments on it and it has been a right good laugh. So, I'll share an awkward moment with you guys, and you guys feel free to laugh or what not, but be sure to share something (appropriate of course) with the rest of us! smile

So last night I went riding on the moped with one of my best friends. He then proceeded to ask me if I wanted to go to this guy's house (who I found extremely attractive) because he needed to look at his apartment to see if he would like to be roommates with the guy. Now I hadn't showered yet that day so I was feeling pretty gross, but I didn't want to tell him that (and that the reason I would want to shower before going was because I thought this other guy was cute), so I just said "Sure".

We went and actually had a nice time, and since I wasn't looking my best, I decided to win the guy over with my witty sense of humor and charm   . Well, halfway through the visit (which lasted 3 hours) I found out that he doesn't really like Harry Potter. I sort of just droop my head and laugh. My best friend then proceeds to tell Cute Guy that I am obsessed with Harry Potter and write fanfiction for it. Now, you should know I'm not ashamed of my obsession OR that I write fanfiction, but I feel like those are things that you slowly ease onto a person so they don't see you as an absolutely crazy person. Anyway, the REST of the visit then consisted of asking me of every single Harry Potter item i own and if I've ever pretended to have real powers with either of my wands. I told them "No" repeatedly and that everything I have was just given to me and I collect it, but I really think they believe I buy it all to play with it lol. Like I said before, I embrace my awkwardness and semi managed to make it all a joke last night anyway, but it was so awkward that this cute guy was making fun of me already! lol

Fawkesfan1Date: Tuesday, 2013-04-09, 22:33 | Message # 2
    Third Year
    Group: Gryffindors
    I remember one from when I was in school. Was so tired one day waiting in line for lunch, that I was leaning against a wall... one of my teachers came in and pushed me forward, and I accidentally leaned against him, thinking he was the wall lol

Was really embarrassed once I found out about that, and wanted to hide under a lunch table. Thank gosh the teacher didn't go and tell others about it, he understood it was a harmless mistake.

ArryGrotterDate: Tuesday, 2013-04-09, 22:36 | Message # 3
    Third Year
    Group: Head of House
    Aw, Maelody.

Yeah, I also don't proclaim my love for Harry Potter, thinking it might scared people off, or make them think I'm think uber nerd (which I probably kinda am anyway laugh )

Yeah, I've just had my birthday party and at the end of the site, I was showing one of my best friends (who I'll admit, I've thought about going there a lot) around my house and ultimately my room. Well, the Harry Potter stuff was the first things she noticed haha. I've never really brought up my obsession with HP that much over the past few years I've known her, so I'm not really sure what she thought when she saw most of my bookshelf taken up by HP stuff.

Similar, but not at all to the same degree as your story.

MaelodyDate: Tuesday, 2013-04-09, 22:36 | Message # 4
    Second Year
    So wait, you thought you were leaning against a wall and it was actually the teacher?  surprised

ArryGrotterDate: Tuesday, 2013-04-09, 22:37 | Message # 5
    Third Year
    Group: Head of House
    Fawkesfan1, omg that is hilarious! haha

MaelodyDate: Tuesday, 2013-04-09, 22:43 | Message # 6
    Second Year
    Oh wow! You should talk to her about it and see if you can get her to nerd out about it! I got the guy to admit that he had a thing for Power Rangers for a while until they got destroyed in a home accident lol.

Fawkesfan1Date: Tuesday, 2013-04-09, 22:55 | Message # 7
    Third Year
    Quote (Maelody)
    So wait, you thought you were leaning against a wall and it was actually the teacher? surprised
    Yep laugh Looked back and saw that it definitely wasn't made out of brick or cement, and that it was a person. Wished I had an invisibility cloak at that time tongue

@ Arry: I hadn't gotten enough sleep the night before it happened lol It took me a little bit just to live that one down.

Message edited by Fawkesfan1 - Tuesday, 2013-04-09, 22:58

MaelodyDate: Wednesday, 2013-04-10, 00:06 | Message # 8
    Second Year
    Wow! Yeah, I could see that being really awkward! Glad he didn't make fun of you for it! My High School teachers were notorious for too close of relationships with students (as in personal lives, not anything nasty!) and they would make fun of us in the open because it was funny. Awe the price one's school pays for hiring extremely young teachers  fool

Fawkesfan1Date: Wednesday, 2013-04-10, 00:20 | Message # 9
    Third Year
    Quote (Maelody)
    Wow! Yeah, I could see that being really awkward! Glad he didn't make fun of you for it! My High School teachers were notorious for too close of relationships with students (as in personal lives, not anything nasty!) and they would make fun of us in the open because it was funny. Awe the price one's school pays for hiring extremely young teachers fool
    Yea so am I smile Wow. That's not good.

The teacher I had was younger at the time and it didn't help that I had a crush on him at the time lol Not that that had any influence on it, was really tired and had no idea what in the heck I was doing lol

SchlubalybubDate: Saturday, 2013-04-13, 18:58 | Message # 10
    First Year
    Group: Students
    My worst one was when I said something that I didn't realise could be construed as rude when I was nine- we were drawing circles, and my compass had a really loose screw, so I wasn't able to draw the circle. I found a better compass with a more sturdy screw, and I shouted something to the whole class that implied that I had something that was anatomically impossible

That's my most embarrassing moment. If what I've said is too explicit, please delete

Message edited by Schlubalybub - Saturday, 2013-04-13, 19:06

Fawkesfan1Date: Sunday, 2013-04-14, 20:08 | Message # 11
    Third Year
    lol That one is pretty embarrassing, Schlubalybub. Priceless, the things kids say and don't even know that they're something that they shouldn't say.

Forum » Social Centre » The Great Hall » Your Awkward or Humiliating Moments (Cause I'm strange and wanna know...)
    • Page 1 of 1
    Search: