[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Latest Replies: (may take a few minutes to update)
  • General Writing Discussion Thread (Replies: 4) - Last by joanvines11 (09:24 GMT) 
  • Favorite games you liked to play as you grew up (Replies: 9) - Last by assasin504 (10:02 GMT) 
  • Severus Snape (Replies: 18) - Last by assasin504 (09:59 GMT) 
  • Sherlock (Replies: 4) - Last by sjcuk13 (23:27 GMT) 
  • What's your CoS username? (Replies: 24) - Last by elloran (09:57 GMT) 

• Page 1 of 2
    • »
    Forum » Harry Potter » The Phenomenon » Pottermore
    Pottermore
    halfbreedloverDate: Wednesday, 2013-04-10, 17:28 | Message # 1
    Just Received their Letter
    Group: Slytherins
    Discuss all things Pottermore here!

"Today's cure is tomorrow's headache." Karl Pilkington

FuryDate: Wednesday, 2013-04-10, 20:18 | Message # 2
    First Year
    Group: Hufflepuffs
    I am LeviosaAuror129 on Pottermore.

For those who do not know, Chapters 8-15 of Prisoner of Azkaban were released today.

Loved a lot of the artwork, especially the Flight of the Fat Lady, Hagrid's Hut, and the one Snape's office in "Spare bit of parchment." Nice new info, especially for the Marauder's Map. I think I found all, or at least most of the stuff needed to be found. And I loved the fact that they had the narrator of the audio books reading some passages during parts of some of the chapters, that was really nice.

MaelodyDate: Wednesday, 2013-04-10, 21:02 | Message # 3
    Second Year
    I got this in the beta version and became really disappointed really fast with it. Don't get me wrong, it is nice, but I guess I was just expecting more to do with it. I love the information given, and I love the art, but I get bored after a while. :/

I'm MoonWatch105 over there by the way. Add me and I'll accept once I ever get back on :lol:.

Message edited by Maelody - Wednesday, 2013-04-10, 21:03

ccollinsmithDate: Thursday, 2013-04-11, 03:13 | Message # 4
    First Year
    I am AsphodelPhoenix154.

I haven't gotten through all of today's new material yet because I had to go teach tonight. But I'm about to start exploring Chapters 12-15 right now.

I thought the artwork and animation for all the Hogsmeade stuff was terrific. I've heard there's also some good artwork in Snape's office (which I haven't reached yet). Have enjoyed the info so far as well.

Anyway... time to go exploring again!

THE GLITTELUTION WILL NEVER DIE!
    viva la glittelution!

ArryGrotterDate: Thursday, 2013-04-11, 03:33 | Message # 5
    Third Year
    Group: Head of House
    I've just gone through the newest batch of PoA.

Once again, I feel disappointed. So little information, so few moments and even most moments had only two depths.

The new info was interesting to read, but wasn't particularly ground breaking.

I'm hoping that Lupin's bio (which will probably be in one of the Shrieking Shack moments when that is released whenever) will be a lot better.

And I found that I had completely forgotten about collecting things...

halfbreedloverDate: Thursday, 2013-04-11, 11:47 | Message # 6
    I'm SparksWombat140 on Pottermore.

There was plenty of information, just not very interesting information to people who aren't fanfic writers. It's great that we're getting all this info about the general culture of the Wizarding World, but that doesn't answer the burning questions of most fans.

At least there were things to collect.

"Today's cure is tomorrow's headache." Karl Pilkington

Message edited by halfbreedlover - Thursday, 2013-04-11, 11:49

FlyingTigerDate: Friday, 2013-04-12, 06:33 | Message # 7
    First Year
    Group: Gryffindors
    I'm GalleonFlame6 on Pottermore. Sorted into Hufflepuff.

I'm sure I got there because of the way I responded to the question about three friends trying to pass the troll on the bridge.

From chatting on other sites, it seems I was the only one who had that question. Did anyone else get it? Maybe the Hat was stalling and the response to that question was the tie-breaker?

I chose "Attack the troll together with my friends". My thinking is, that show of collective action and solidarity is what defined me as a Puff. I'm sure that if I had chosen "Attack the troll by myself" I'd have gotten  in Gryffindor.

Whaddaya think?

Any advanced enough technology is undistinguishable from magic - Arthur C. Clarke

ArryGrotterDate: Friday, 2013-04-12, 23:59 | Message # 8
    Third Year
    (Posting so the thread will show up in recent posts in new subforum)

FlyingTiger, I can't remember my sorting that well anymore (was it really about two years ago now?), but I don't remember getting that question. It really confuses me how they found out our house with that quiz...

ccollinsmithDate: Sunday, 2013-04-14, 02:58 | Message # 9
    First Year
    Quote (FlyingTiger)
    I'm sure I got there because of the way I responded to the question about three friends trying to pass the troll on the bridge.From chatting on other sites, it seems I was the only one who had that question. Did anyone else get it? Maybe the Hat was stalling and the response to that question was the tie-breaker?

Nope. I didn't get that question. I did get the question asking about the troll breaking in to the Headmaster's Office. I actually do remember my sorting questions and responses (I posted them on my blog). A bunch of readers posted theirs as well.

At one point, I knew a CoSer who kept a spreadsheet of all known questions - as well as sortings based on combinations of questions. LOL.

I knew someone else who kept a spreadsheet of the wand selection... and could actually tell you your wand precisely based upon the answers you said you gave. It was kind of uncanny.

Of course, we weren't allowed to talk about any of this publicly on CoS, but we did talk about it in the Slytherins of Pottermore social group. Gee. I just realized that I need to save that group's content before the lights go out on CoS! lol

THE GLITTELUTION WILL NEVER DIE!
    viva la glittelution!

FleurduJardinDate: Sunday, 2013-04-14, 03:52 | Message # 10
    Second Year
    Group: Ravenclaws
    I didn't get any question about trolls at all. I think I got into Gryffindor because I chose the dagger instead of the parchment and whatever else there was to choose from. I didn't keep note of my questions and answers.

I was aiming for Ravenclaw best I knew how and ended up in Gryffindor. Ah well.

I know on CoS  Bronze Dragon did post a list of questions, and what answers got you into which House. And then of course Gertie came in and said that members shouldn't talk about any tip or insight concerning Pottermore. Not on thread, and not in the common rooms. Typical CoS modding.

SchlubalybubDate: Sunday, 2013-04-14, 13:50 | Message # 11
    First Year
    Group: Students
    I'm PhoenixSpell161

I like Pottermore, although I am having problems with it, although that's more my laptop than the site.

Has anyone seen Pottermore on Playstation Home? I haven't looked at it yet because my controller wasn't charged when I noticed it, but it looks a little interesting. There's also a room where you can explore the TARDIS, although that doesn't really fit here.

I haven't looked at the new stuff yet. I think I need to go from the beginning again because I can't really remember the older stuff, and there's also stuff I still haven't unlocked. The very first chapter of PS, I still haven't been able to click on the lamppost so I haven't got that section of information unlocked yet. It goes purple once, then when I try to click on it, nothing happens and it won't go purple again.

freelantzerDate: Sunday, 2013-04-14, 17:57 | Message # 12
    First Year
    I'm GlowSpell180 on Pottermore. I was a beta and was really disappointed with what it turned out to be after I got through sorting and all the intro stuff. Haven't been back to explore other books after PS. I guess I should go back and take a look at the content.

In response to FlyingTiger, I didn't get that question on my sorting quiz. But you can look up all the sorting questions from Pottermore. Did that last night. Still got Hufflepuff. biggrin

FlyingTigerDate: Sunday, 2013-04-14, 22:53 | Message # 13
    First Year
    Quote (freelantzer)
    I was a beta and was really disappointed with what it turned out to be after I got through sorting and all the intro stuff. Haven't been back to explore other books after PS.
    I was a beta also, and I too was disappointed. It got boring rather quickly. I stopped visiting Pottermore after CoS - I heard that the first chapters of PoA were up but haven't bothered to go look. I mean, finding "collectibles" and herding pixies or fighting spiders, making potions or duelling lose their appeal after a while.

Any advanced enough technology is undistinguishable from magic - Arthur C. Clarke

freelantzerDate: Sunday, 2013-04-14, 23:01 | Message # 14
    First Year
    Quote (FlyingTiger)
    I mean, finding "collectibles" and herding pixies or fighting spiders, making potions or duelling lose their appeal after a while.

Yes, totally! I feel like those aspects were designed with children in mind, which is unfortunate since much of the fandom is adults.

Message edited by freelantzer - Sunday, 2013-04-14, 23:02

FleurduJardinDate: Monday, 2013-04-15, 03:05 | Message # 15
    Second Year
    Quote (freelantzer)
    Yes, totally! I feel like those aspects were designed with children in mind, which is unfortunate since much of the fandom is adults.
    I think the whole site has been designed for children.  When you look at it in French, the tone and the way of address is definitely aimed at kids, not grown-ups.

Same thing for the games. I mean, how many adults have the time to spend up to 24 hours brewing potions?

I kept up with the site for a while but now, I've dropped out. Haven't checked it for months.

Still, since everyone has told their Pottermore names here, I'm CharmDraconis149, a Gryffindor. biggrin

gelowo93Date: Wednesday, 2013-04-17, 19:01 | Message # 16
    Group: Students
    I'm owlsnitch83, not that I go on there that much any more.

I remember when I first got in I would brew the potions and duel other people (until duelling went down for months) but it got boring pretty quickly, and it probably didn't help that I started university a few weeks after I got in the beta.

Nowadays I only go online when I find out through facebook or twitter that more chapters have been put up. I wasn't particularly impressed by the latest ones - the new information was nice, nothing really exciting, and I'm sure there was a chapter that didn't even have anything to collect, surely it wouldn't be too hard to put one or two things in?

I do like that they added the sound effects after everyone asked them too, but they still have the locked link thing on the left at the top where the links to the Common Room, and Great Hall etc. are; I wonder if they've forgotten about it or are waiting for a later book to unlock something, because I always assumed it would be the shop /

FleurduJardinDate: Thursday, 2013-04-18, 07:02 | Message # 17
    Second Year
    You know, I find the sound effects more annoying than anything else. That gushing water in the bathroom for example, or the ominous noises in the Forbidden Forest, or that sound when the Ford Anglia is flying... I found it hard to focus on reading or doing a task with the background sound. angry

ArryGrotterDate: Thursday, 2013-04-18, 08:01 | Message # 18
    Third Year
    I have yet to go through the latest PoA chapters with the sound on, but I've found that the sound effects on earlier chapters to be rather loud and, yes, a bit irritating...

Fawkesfan1Date: Sunday, 2013-04-28, 00:21 | Message # 19
    Third Year
    I'm PhoenixLight23889 on Pottermore. Been going there here and there as of late just to get to new parts of the story. It's ok, but I wish it was more exciting and fun. Too bad they didn't have an area designed for older fans of the series as well sad

FleurduJardinDate: Friday, 2013-05-17, 07:00 | Message # 20
    Second Year
    Quote (Fawkesfan1)
    Too bad they didn't have an area designed for older fans of the series as well
    Yes, and also some sort of discussion forum where one can talk with one 's friends. You can post in the Common rooms or chapters (I haven't been on Pottermore for months, I don't quite remember the lay-out and set-up), but your post doesn't show up right away, and you almost never know when you've got a response.

They should have a PM system. I've suggested it, but it fell on deaf ears. sad

Forum » Harry Potter » The Phenomenon » Pottermore
    • Page 1 of 2
    • »
    Search: